ISO 22000 is a standard that assists with controlling risks in the food processing industry to achieve food safety for human consumption.
This food safety standard was developed by professionals from the food industry and specialised organisations and in cooperation with the Codex Commission, UN (FAO) and WHO.
The ISO 22000 standard builds on benefits of the ISO 9001 quality management system and of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points management system (HACCP) and of the plans for provision of safe food.
Benefits of ISO 22000:
• provides comprehensive and efficient control of food health and safety
• minimizes the occurrence of low-quality and health-risk foods
• increases food safety in the entire food industry chain
• provides a food safety audit by an independent third party
• increases trust by the public, industry and the public sector.